Tuesday 21 July 2020

10 Years since the idea

I have just been taking a trip down memory lane, looking at the blog and wondering if this is something that I need to pick up again. I figured that going back to the beginning seemed like a good idea! In that post it was 2013 and I start by saying that the idea of blogging has been 3 years in the making. That would make to 2010 when I first had the idea to write a blog and to start a YouTube channel. Both things that I thought would be the creative outlets in my life that I needed. And they were, but I was never consistent with them and never knew what to post. Always coming back to that same thing, what will people think, it needs to be something relevant something that people want to read. What I didn’t realise is that 10 years on I still have those same desires to create content, being a decade further down the line I have realised had I not had the fear of “what will people think” 10 years ago, and gone at it how I wanted to, who knows where it would have taken me, the things that I would have learnt. Every time I edited a video for YouTube back in the day before it was the cool thing to do I taught myself something else about iMovie, or thumbnails or marketing in a general sense. Every time I blogged I felt a sense of release with getting things out of my head and down into written form, and every now and then I would have the amazing bonus of human connection, some one reading something that I had written and it had resonated with them in some way.

Tech, writing, creative expression were all things that I wanted to embrace fully when I decided that this was what I wanted to try. Here I am a decade on and the passions remain the same, but I have made such little progress towards them. Needless to say the realisation that it’s been a decade and here I am, yet again, turning to blogging in a time when I want a creative outlet, I think it’s just time I realise and admitted to myself that this is where I need to be in one shape or another. 

I went at this with all the wrong intentions in the beginning, I was late teens and thought this is the way to make money without needing a job... the motivation was wrong. But the passionate drive was always the same, to use writing as a way or pouring myself out onto a virtual page. Whether or not there was anyone to read or listen. 

10 years on and with a decade more of life experience I have realised that I no longer care if this becomes a revenue stream or not, thats not the point. The point is passion, having a creative outlet, somewhere to pour myself out and if there happens to be someone to connect to or someone that reads and feels encourage then that’s an amazing added bonus.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss Emily Rose. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig